Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blast Off!

Numerous thoughts ran through my mind as I eagerly waited before the launch. I wondered how my body would respond to the space environment. Would my body operate properly? How long would it take for me to adjust? It's already been 30 minutes since the liftoff and I am getting along fine, but even so, there are some things that require some time to get used to. One of the things that I took into immediate consideration was movement. It is crucial to move slowly when you first get into orbit because you need to give your body some time to adapt to the new environment. It took approximately 8 minutes for the space shuttle to reach space. Now how is that for speed? The estimated orbits we make around earth are 16 per day. We are actually traveling faster than a bullet! The earth's gravitational pull are keeping us in a stable orbit around it. Anyways, the Hubble space telescope is in sight now, so I need to get back to work. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment